home events shop articles stories links media

Your RealityShifter Stories
Page 12

Reality Shifts
The hundreds of first-hand accounts of reality shifts (aka: mind-matter interaction MMI, quantum jumping, glitches in the Matrix) on this and the following pages have been collected and shared through Cynthia Sue Larson's RealityShifters since 1999. Special issues focusing on particular types of reality shifts (such as: the Dead seen Alive Again, Seeing Loved Ones Before They Arrive, Invisibility, Walking through Walls, etc.) can be found by browsing through the RealityShifters archives and subscribing to the (free) monthly ezine. Hundreds of stories are reported here in this "Your RealityShifter Stories" section of this web site, and the phenomenon is documented in the best-selling book, Reality Shifts: When Consciousness Changes the Physical World.

Vanishing/Reappearing Yellow Pad
Riverdale, New York

Guess what? I finally had my first "reality shift!" I was working between two offices the other week, taking notes on a small yellow pad, and carefully removed two pages of phone numbers and notes and placed them in the back of a regular sized legal pad I keep in my briefcase (I put the small sheets between the last sheet in the big pad and the cardboard back). I was working from home last week and took the large pad out and turned to the back of it to retrieve the smaller pages with those phone numbers -- but they were nowhere in sight. I shook the pad, flipped through the pages, and even turned it upside down, but those two sheets were gone. I then found the original little pad and checked through that -- including in between pages -- to make sure I did indeed tear those other pages out. But the sheets weren't there, either.

Thinking I may have left the sheets at the office, I moved on to other work. About an hour later, I went to take some notes on the big pad and turned to a new page -- this caused all the pages to flip to the back cardboard where, lo and behold, were the two sheets I'd been looking for! And I know I had looked there at least three times before and they weren't there!

What this means in the scope of my life, I do not know. But I'm thrilled that this happened as, after working with you for so long and recognizing all the work you've done on this subject, I have felt a little left out having not experienced it yet. Finally, I am no longer a virgin!

Seeing is Believing: My Husband Saw Me Coming Around the Corner... Twice!
Johannesburg, South Africa

One day while I was doing my monthly shopping at Pick and Pay, my husband sat on a stool waiting for me to return. He stared at the corner where he knew I would soon be emerging. While he was watching, he saw me coming toward him, pushing my trolley and smiling at him. He looked down at his coffee and took a sip for just a moment, and when he looked up again there was no me -- I had disappeared. He was puzzled by this, and while he was staring at where he had just seen me, I emerged round the corner just as he had seen me do before! This time he kept his eyes on me until I reached him. I did not feel anything was different, but I know I was walking in anticipation pushing my trolley and approaching the corner and expecting to see my husband. Maybe I projected myself ahead of myself, because as I came around the corner I saw him, and walked towards him.

Out-Running an Oncoming Train
Rhinelander, Wisconsin

This reality shift happened to me 35 years ago when I was about 12 years old. It's an event that really stands out because I should have died but didn't. I'm not talking about Near Death Experiences (NDEs) in the traditional sense, where one is actually dead, observes the events around them, and then re-enters the body. Those are special in their own right. I'm talking about when an accident is avoided at the very last second -- when there is no way that it could have been avoided, and the participants walk away physically unscathed, but mentally rattled.

This particular event still bothers me today because it was so surreal, that I'm sure I died in another probability.

I grew up in Racine, Wisconsin, a rural area surrounded by farms, clusters of woods, a few streams, and one river in particular. I was about 12 years old at the time. It was summer vacation, and a friend and I would ride our bikes miles from home exploring. There were some twin train tracks a few miles away, which crossed the river. It was a very long trestle high above the river. My buddy and I had left our bikes lying partly on the tracks and went walking out onto the trestle. The trestle had wide spaces between the railroad ties, and it was difficult walking as we had to visually watch each step we took so as not to slip in between. The other set of tracks were several feet away with a nasty gap between the two sets of ties. It was too far to try to jump across and then attempt to land on the narrow ties with the large gaps between them.

It took us several full minutes to walk out along the trestle a little over half way to where the river was below us. We sat down over the river and were tossing stones from our over filled pockets into the current far below. It was a warm, sunny, breezy day, and somehow I had become mesmerized by the weather and the peacefulness of the flowing river below.

I don't remember how much time had passed, but suddenly something made me look up at the far end of the trestle. A freight train had snuck up on us, on our side of the tracks, and had already started crossing the trestle! It was totally silent, bobbing gently from side to side and was coming fast! I never even said a word as my buddy had also seen it at that same moment and we both jumped to our feet and started running along the trestle back the way we had come.

The train started blasting it's horn, the tracks were vibrating, the low rumble of the train grew quickly into a roar, and I was running over those gaping ties for all I was worth. One missed step, one slip and I was going down under that train, there was no time to even think. It felt like an earthquake as the trestle shook, I could feel the deafening blast of the train's horn on my back as I reached the end of the trestle, grabbing my bike in mid-air as I dove off the edge of the trestle, landing on my stomach on the steep stony embankment below the tracks. My buddy landed next to me with a thud -- and we lay in a heap for several minutes after the train had passed, tangled in our bikes, hurting a bit, but alive.

It was at that moment I knew that something was not right. I was supposed to be dead. There way no way I could not be dead.

Suddenly everything had changed. My buddy was not quite the same guy I had known moments before while sitting peacefully on the trestle, the river I knew so well had changed, my home was different, everyone and everything was different, yet appeared somewhat the same.

Everything looked exactly the same as it did before yet it all had a different feel to it. It's as if everything was replaced with identical stuff. It's like accidentally putting on someone else's coat that looks just like your own, but it just doesn't feel the same and the fit is a bit off. It's like walking into a motel room. It's like driving some else's car which is identical to your own.

The way people are different is also hard to describe. They seem the same, yet they act just a bit off from their usual patterns. They don't send out the same vibes. It's as if you are meeting them for the first time. You know them, yet you don't feel like you know them. They seem to be close copies of how you remember them.

What really bothered me about this is that I knew afterwards that there was no way I could have outrun that train. I went back there several times over the next few years, and looked at the place where it occurred. I saw the large foot-wide gaps between the ties, the several hundred yard long trestle, and how far the river was from the end. I was a horribly unathletic kid. I could barely walk the trestle, much less run full speed away from a train that was moving far faster than I could, and not miss a footstep. Also, I would have to have been running well over 20 miles per hour for over 100 yards to escape a train traveling at only 40 miles per hour, as it was much closer to me than the other end of the trestle I had to get to.

The only way I can figure it now, is that I changed probabilities at the last second, and a probable me died on those tracks that day, while this probable me went on to explore "this" life.

It's interesting how vivid the event became for me as I was recalling it and writing it out. It was one of the few times I was ever truly terrified. I felt as if I had almost relived it all over again. COOL!

A Big Open Heart
Connie Bowen
Portland, Oregon

I was doing some last minute marketing and happened to pick a time when the store was jam packed. There was a very slow, very aged woman that seemed to be in front of me on every aisle I went to. I had seen her trying to find a parking space for her very large car when I first came into the store. I tried to dodge around her in the aisles, but they were narrow and sometimes I just had to wait while she slowly moved off in another direction. As I shopped, I began to notice what was in her cart: cat litter, and a smattering of this and that. I realized to myself, "She must live alone, with her cat as her only company. I've got to be patient and loving. This must be a lesson for me to embrace all people with love." Sure enough, when I checked out, she had chosen my line also and I had to maneuver again around her to leave. I made a heartfelt wish at that moment as the automatic doors swung behind me, "I just wish I could see her again, to smile and be kind to her." Then I was distracted in the rush of 5:30 traffic and forgot the whole affair.

The next day, I was again picking up a few items at another store. When I was loading up my car to leave, I saw that familiar, huge, slow yellow vehicle coming down the lane I was parked in. The over-sized car slowly pulled into the space next to me in a way that made me dodge out of the way. I moved my cart off to the other side, and saw it was the same woman! I smiled and said, "Hello!" and helped her open her car door.

I drove off feeling shocked, and remembering my heartfelt wish -- feeling a glow from deep inside that assured me, the Universe IS listening!

My husband has another story about a man that was wandering down the street in downtown Portland who stopped him and said, "No one in this city has a big, open heart!" My husband said, "Oh, yes they do!" And he pulled out the big, open gold heart hanging around his neck that I had bought for him for his birthday. He said the man's eyes grew wide, a big smile appeared on his face and he walked on. Neither of them had ever seen each other before. I had bought the jewelry when I was at the mall, not knowing what to buy him for his present when the saleslady said, "Oh, there's this piece here - a big, open heart!" I thought, "How perfect!"

Turkey Dinner
Indianapolis, Indiana

One Sunday, my children and I decided to have turkey for dinner. Having purchased one about a week before, I had set it out to thaw the day before. Since it takes a lot of time to cook a turkey, I decided that we would run errands and do some shopping while the turkey cooked slowly in the oven. We went to one store, spent about an hour, and then went on to our local Wal-Mart. As we were walking around the store, I kept getting this strange sensation that I needed to go home. After trying to shake the feeling, I finally gave in to it and we proceeded to the checkout. As we were walking to the car in the parking lot, my son asked me if we were going anywhere else. I replied, "No, we need to go home and check on the turkey, something isn't right." He said "Well, after you check, then can we go to Gibson's?" I replied that we could. As we drove up, everything seemed okay.

We all got out of the car and headed up to the door. As I unlocked it, the feeling became stronger, but still I saw nothing amiss. We had been gone a couple of hours, so by now we should have smelled the aroma of roasting turkey, but we did not. I thought to myself... "Oh no... you forgot to turn on the oven!" I went to the stove and checked... no... the oven was on, but I then noticed a strange odor... not like gas, it was like an electrical circuit had burned out, and you get that little whiff of ozone. I opened the oven and called to my son, "Hey Boo-boo... come look at this. it's cool looking!" He came over and as we both peered into the dark oven, we saw sparks coming from the oven heating element, and it began to glow a whitish blue color. My son cried "Oh my God Mom...look out!!", and pulled me back suddenly. I lost my balance and fell to the floor just as the oven element popped and rained a shower of sparks through the partially open oven door. My son ran to the utility room and threw the breaker to the stove, cutting off the power. Then he proceeded to scold me for my curiosity and silliness at watching the obviously old battered oven give up the ship. "You could have been hurt real bad, Mom!" he scolded. "Next time don't look at the pretty sparks... shut the door and cut off the power!" We called the local fire department and had them come check to make sure all was well. I found out then, that the stove could have easily shorted out and burned our home down, if I had not paid attention to the nagging feeling I had to go home.

After the firemen left, I began to worry... no stove... how would I fix dinner that night, let alone what would I do with the turkey? I called my best friend and lab partner to see if she could lend a hand. I told her everything that had happened. She told me to come on over with the turkey. I could use her oven to finish it up. I placed the turkey roaster and all in the car and drove to her house. Got the turkey started and went back home to be with my kids, so my oldest son wouldn't be too long alone with them - he was only 13 at the time. At home we removed the stove from the house and placed it on the porch for removal by the city the next day. my friend called and said "Hey... I found an appliance store open today... and they have a payment plan for gas company customers so you can just make small payments every month on your gas bill." That worked for me. I was separated from my now-ex-husband, and he wasn't paying child support, and I was supporting myself and 5 kids on my income. She came over in her pickup, and off we went. I picked out a nice stove and signed the contract. We loaded up my new stove and drove back to her house, checked the turkey, called and checked on the kids. We then drove back to my house with the new stove. After a lot of grunting and groaning and a LOT of laughter from the neighbors, a couple of guys helped us to unload the stove and bring it in the house, after watching the comedy of me, my best friend, and 2 oldest kids trying to manhandle the stove out of the truck and into the house. Stove in house... we looked at the time... "Oh my goodness... the turkey will be done in a half hour!" My friend told me to get the kids settled and she would take off and get the turkey ready for me to bring home. I drove to her house (only about 20 minutes away) to bring home my bird. It was dark now... about 9 o'clock at night. I gave her part of the turkey and dressing for helping me out, and loaded my turkey, fully dressed, into the car. As I debated on how to keep it from spilling or dumping, we hit on the idea to place it in the passenger seat, and hold it in place with the seat belt and shoulder strap. After laughing ourselves silly, I headed for home after an exhausting exciting day, trying to schedule how side dishes would be cooked in the microwave, and knowing my kids were "starving" by now. I elected to take the highway past my friends house home, since it would be about 5 minutes shorter. Here I am... 9:30 PM at night, driving around with a fully roasted 15 pound turkey.

As I was driving, the smell of the turkey is making me even more hungry. I checked my rear view, and saw nothing behind me. As I went around a curve in the road I noticed lights in my rear view mirror coming up fast. The lights got closer and brighter. I adjusted my mirror and stayed in the slower lane, but still, the lights got closer, shining in my eyes and blinding me somewhat. "What a jerk!" I thought to myself. I sped up a little, but still this person stayed right on my bumper, lights blaring into the car affecting my vision. I slowed down, rolled down my window and waved for them to go around. Still nothing but the lights... growing brighter and brighter. I turned my rear view mirror around to face the other way thinking it would help. It did nothing. The light seemed to fill the car in an intense brightness, causing me to slow to about 10 miles per hour and pull off onto the shoulder to stop. Still the lights burned. I rolled down the window again to look behind me and saw nothing... no silhouette of a vehicle or anything. Then the lights again. As I felt around for something to defend myself with, I came upon my can of pepper spray. Brandishing my pepper spray at the window, I was going to spray whoever in an effort to defend myself. I remember praying "Please don't let them hurt me. I just want to go home to my kids!" It was dark! With one hand on the pepper spray, the other shielded my eyes, I gingerly peered through my fingers at whatever might come. It was dark -- to my shock and amazement, it was dark. There was nothing on the road. I looked behind me and saw... nothing but dark, lonely highway. There were no tail lights pulling away in front of me either. As I started to laugh. I began thinking, "Mother of 5 killed on highway... turkey pronounced delicious", and other thoughts to that effect.

I pulled very carefully and slowly out onto the highway. As I was at the mid section of a hill, I was proceeding very slowly. When I reached the top of the hill, it was pitch black at the bottom -- no lights, no nothing. It was a rural area, so that was normal. As I started down the hill... something... I don't know what... caused me to slam on my brakes. There, at the bottom of the hill was a pick up truck that had lost a wheel and was sitting in the road with no lights or reflectors. If I had continued at the usual 55 miles per hour speed, I would have slammed into them head on! I would not have been able to see them or stop in time on that dark section of highway, until it would be too late. I passed the vehicle -- there was no one around, so I continued home. As I went into the house, my son told me, "Mom... Mary has been calling every 5 minutes... you have to call her NOW!" I called my friend, and she asked if I got home okay. I told her I did. She said, after I left she got the most horrible feeling of something terrible about to happen and had run out to try to catch me, but I was too far away. So she called my home. I told her what happened and we both had a good laugh, but remarked at how we were glad we always listened to our inner voices or just "gut feelings" as we called them. After she and I hung up, I began feeding my kids... it's now after 10 PM. The phone rang... it was my mother. She and my dad lived 250 miles away across the state. My dad had been asleep, going to bed complaining of a migraine. He had awakened at 9:50, and felt as he described it like "he had been driving all night", talking of a dark car he had seen he thought was in trouble. My mother told me his knuckles had been clenched as if they were wrapped around a steering wheel of a car as he lay on the blanket in their bed. He told my mother to call me right away for some reason... he didn't know why. She had been trying to call, but my phone was busy. Mary had called the last time at 9:50 PM my son said... and at 9:50 PM is when I was stopped on the highway, trying to defend myself from the unknown driver who had saved my life that night. My mother told me father was also sneezing due to his allergies. They didn't know why. He had been home all day. My father is allergic to grain dust... something they don't have in their part of the state. That was in my part of the state, four hours away... a wheat farming region....and it was harvest season.

Continue to Page 13 of Your RealityShifter Stories

Let’s Connect
Facebook TwitterYouTube

For Email Marketing you can trust

This web site © copyright 1999 - 2013 by Cynthia Sue Larson
RealityShifters® is a Registered Trademark
All Rights Reserved
Privacy Statement